Trade show shipping could be a daunting task, that’s why we are here to help you out every step of the way.
Here are some tips to make it easier:
Packaging with care:
- Make sure you don’t ship items that can be taken with you, prioritize shipping your heavy package but beware because the heavier the package the more it will cost.
- Make sure that all the materials are tightly secured with as few boxes or crates as possible and don’t forget to secure & protect your material by adding bubble wrap or foam padding.
- The more handling there is, the longer it’ll take for your package to arrive, for fastest results secure your packages with a pallet.
- Be smart and stack the heavy packages at the bottom when you put them on a pallet and separate electronics, specialty equipment, fragile items, display items, and backdrops onto a different pallet marked fragile.
Reading your exhibitor manual is crucial:
- Make sure to check your trade show and convention shipment rules because it is crucial that you ship your package to the right location (every trade show and convention is different).
- Ship your package as soon as possible to give your package plenty of time to arrive.
- Always use expedited or guaranteed shipping services when shipping trade show materials.
Pay attention to labels:
- Be sure to follow your trade show or convention labeling requirements.
- Make sure to include the pickup & drop off location address, exhibitor’s name, booth number, show name, contractor name, street address, estimated time, and date of arrival on all shipment labels.